Glenn and I had a fabulous first day at the Boston Wine Expo. Don’t let a little snow deter you from making the trip for the second day of the Expo. There is simply far to much to taste, smell, see, and learn to stay at home!
Clearly you want to be able to take it all in, but here are my top five:
1) Châteauneuf-du-Pape – a perennial favorite at the Wine Expo, this year is no different. There are some delicious wines being poured. Be sure to check out some of the ones that Glenn and I particularly liked such as Domaine Olivier Hilliare, Domaine Pierre Usseglio, Chateau Fortia, and Domaine de la Charbonniere.
2) Puro Uno – a full line of wines from Argentina that defy expectations. Of course there is an entry level Malbec and an outstanding reserve Malbec, but don’t miss the opportunity to try some Argentine Brut and rose sparkling wine and two delicious white blends. More on these wines later!
3) Antinori Wines – five wines from one of Italy’s best (and best-known) producers.
4) Anne Amie Vineyards – check out these elegant, delicate offerings from the Willamette Valley. This is the only Oregon winery pouring this year and it’s one not to miss.
5) Domaine Moilliard – fine French wines from several producers. The Cremant de Bourgogne is a perfect wine for when you need to feel refreshed.
Beyond the wines, there are plenty of food offerings, “lifestyle” products, cooking demos, seminars, and information!
See you later at the Boston Wine Expo!